Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Presidential press conference

For the first time in a long time, I am proud of our President.

Seriously.  I don't care what you think about Obama's politics or policies, this guy is SMART, he can answer questions, he can speak in English with complete sentences, and he can handle obvious political enemies out to get him with grace and dignity.

Just watching people from Politico, the Washington Times, FOX, and so on ask nasty, loaded, partisan, adolescent little questions, with full wingnut attack attitude, and get sincere, direct, honest responses delivered without smirks, arrogance, or half-witted fratboy evasive sneering bullshit, makes me feel really proud.  A very unusual experience, I must say.  Usually over the last 8 years  I had to turn off the TV after a few sentences from our "president," lets I throw something at it or drive myself insane with fury and depression.

Obama is certainly not perfect, and he will succeed on some topics and fall down on others.

But thank whatever powers that be that, for the first time in as long as I can remember, we have somebody worthy of the office in it.

Of course, now the TV "news' gasbags are "analyzing" the press conference, and I'm getting nauseous again.  I hope there is a special room in hell for these people, who have the incredible opportunity to inform and enlighten us, and instead basically just jerk off their stupidity on camera.


2 comments:

  1. it's amazing to actually like and respect the president. wow! I don't actually ever remember feeling this way before and I'm old. as for the msm idiots and their even more challenged bretheren on the "right", there's a special ring in the inferno, down toward the bottom, for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to be delighted that the U.S. has not invaded Iran. Only last year, it seemed inevitable.

    ReplyDelete